All-Access 1.x Upgrade FAQ
This FAQ covers all releases of All-Access 1.x Client and Server (now called Embarcadero ToolBox and ToolCloud). Differences between point releases are noted.
- 1 Upgrading from 1.5 to ToolCloud 1.6
- 2 Upgrading from 1.0.x to All-Access 1.5
- 2.1 How do I upgrade to All-Access 1.5?
- 2.2 Does upgrading the All-Access Client to 1.5 automatically upgrade all the individual products?
- 2.3 Can I upgrade the All-Access Client to 1.5 without upgrading individual products?
- 2.4 What are the products available in 1.5?
- 2.5 Can I only upgrade the products I want?
- 2.6 Can I upgrade to All-Access 1.5 and then upgrade specific tools separately or later?
- 2.7 Can I keep both All-Access 1.x and 1.5 active at the same time?
- 2.8 If I choose to upgrade a product, how does that affect my existing products and licenses?
- 2.9 Can I still get old versions from All-Access 1.5?
- 2.10 How do I get older versions?
- 2.11 1.5 Client Upgrade FAQs
- 2.12 1.5 Server Upgrade FAQs
Upgrading from 1.5 to ToolCloud 1.6
(Note: the name "All-Access Server" is changed to "ToolCloud", and "All-Access Client" is now "ToolBox".)
How do I access my 1.5 products from 1.6?
The 1.6 installer will uninstall 1.5 before installing 1.6. It will not uninstall your cached products; however, 1.6 looks for cached products in a new directory called C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\ToolCloud\EMBTProducts.
After installation, you can copy or move all of the products cached for 1.5 at C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\AllAccessServer\EMBTProducts to the new location at C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\ToolCloud\EMBTProducts.
Upgrading from 1.0.x to All-Access 1.5
How do I upgrade to All-Access 1.5?
Run the 1.5 installers. See additional tasks, if needed, in the following sections.
Does upgrading the All-Access Client to 1.5 automatically upgrade all the individual products?
No. It only upgrades the Client.
Can I upgrade the All-Access Client to 1.5 without upgrading individual products?
What are the products available in 1.5?
Can I only upgrade the products I want?
Yes. You do not have to upgrade to 1.5; your 1.0.x All-Access will continue to function and you can upgrade to products that are available in 1.0.x. If a product is not available in 1.0.x and is available in 1.5, you need to upgrade to 1.5.
For more notes about the new products, see the Read Me file at: http://docs.embarcadero.com/products/all_access/
Can I upgrade to All-Access 1.5 and then upgrade specific tools separately or later?
Can I keep both All-Access 1.x and 1.5 active at the same time?
If I choose to upgrade a product, how does that affect my existing products and licenses?
Some products, such as DBArtisan 8.7 and Change Manager 5.1.1, require that you uninstall the previous version.
Performance Center, versions 2.7.1 and previous, require that you restart the server after importing the license file.
Consult the product documentation at http://docs.embarcadero.com/ for details on upgrading products.
Can I still get old versions from All-Access 1.5?
Old versions of some products by default are not available in network mode. 1.5 includes only the InstantOn versions of most products.
How do I get older versions?
You can find older versions of the products on the All-Access Members page at http://members.codegear.com/AllAccess.aspx.
1.5 Client Upgrade FAQs
If I installed an earlier version of the All-Access Client, how do I upgrade?
Obtain and run the 1.5 Client installer. You can find it on the All-Access Members page at http://members.codegear.com/AllAccess.aspx.
What is the difference between the 1.0.3 and previous Clients and the latest 1.5 Client?
The 1.5 Client is now an InstantOn executable. In network mode, when you first launch it from the Server DOWNLOAD button you are prompted to save it to a location specified by your browser. Then you can navigate to that location to click on the executable and launch the Client.
For new features in the Client, see the Read Me file at: http://docs.embarcadero.com/products/all_access/ .
1.5 Server Upgrade FAQs
I have Server 1.0.x, what do I need to know before installing 1.5?
When you run the All-Access 1.5 installer, it prompts you to uninstall the old version of the Server before installing the new one.
After upgrading the Server, you must re-import the .slip files.
For 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 upgrades, the EMBTProducts folder remains as a shared folder. However the 1.5 installer will return an error message that you should change the name of the shared folder.
Manual workaround when you upgrade from 1.0.1 and 1.0.2:
- Run the installer.
- When prompted, uninstall the old Server.
- Manually remove the 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 shared directory from the EMBTProducts folder.
- Go back to the installer and proceed with the installation.
Do I have to upgrade to ELC 4.2?
No. However Embarcadero strongly encourages you to upgrade and take advantage of the new Web Admin license hosting and groups features. See the ELC documentation, included with the product, for details.
If I upgrade ELC, how do I move my existing licenses to the new version?
Embarcadero recommends that you install 4.2 in the same directory as the previous version.
If you install 4.2 in a different directory, follow these steps:
1. To keep the existing licenses, move the server_***.slip files from:
2. To keep the existing user settings, move userlist.txt and userlist_concurrent.txt from:
3. To keep the existing usage logs, move all files from:
What are the changes to the product catalog directories?
The following table describes the new product catalog directory structure.
|Product Name||Location pre-1.5||Location 1.5|
|Delphi for PHP||DELPHI_FOR_PHP||same|
|EA/Studio, renamed ER/Studio Business Architect||EMBARCADERO_EASTUDIO||same|
|Schema Examiner||EMBARCADERO_SCHEMA_EXAMINER||not available|
|ER/Studio, renamed ER/Studio Data Architect||ERSTUDIO||same|
|ER/Studio Software Architect||not available||ERSTUDIO_SOFTWARE_ARCHITECT|
|Rapid SQL Developer||RAPID_SQL_DEVELOPER||same|