All-Access 1.x Upgrade Procedures
Upgrading from 1.5 to 1.6
(Note: the name "All-Access Server" is changed to "ToolCloud", and "All-Access Client" is now "ToolBox".)
To upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6:
- Exit the 1.5 Client and Server.
- Run the 1.6 installer. It will uninstall 1.5 before installing 1.6. It will not uninstall your cached products; however, 1.6 looks for cached products in a new directory.
- Copy or move all of the products cached for 1.5 at C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\All-Access Server\EMBTProducts to the new location at C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\ToolCloud\EMBTProducts.
- Copy or move existing .slip files from C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\All-Access Server\data\licenses to C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\ToolCloud\data\licenses. Alternatively, you can re-import the .slip files later by using the Import Licenses option on the ToolCloud ADMIN page.
- Run the installer again to install 1.6.
- Start the ToolCloud.
Upgrading to the 1.5 Standalone Workstation Client/ToolBox
To update the ToolBox (also called the Client) to use the latest features and product versions:
- Log in to the All-Access Members page at http://members.codegear.com/AllAccess.aspx.
- Under Desktop Products - Current Versions download either the installer (which creates desktop shortcuts) or the InstantOn executable (which you can copy to your desktop and run).
- If you downloaded the installer, run it.
- Start the Client.
Upgrading to the 1.5 Server/ToolCloud for Network Named User and Concurrent User Licenses
To update the Server/ToolCloud to use the latest features and product versions:
- Back up Embarcadero License Center (ELC) directories, which are usually at C:\Embarcadero\ELCx.x.
- Back up the All-Access (AA) directories, which are usually at C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\All-Access Server.
- Download the 1.5 release from the All-Access Members page at http://members.codegear.com/AllAccess.aspx.
- Uninstall ELC.
- Uninstall All-Access Server.
- Install All-Access Server and when prompted, also install ELC.
- Obtain the email from Embarcadero-licensing that contains the login and license information.
- Navigate to the Retrieve Licenses page in the All-Access administration console.
This is under the Licenses section of the Admin page.
- Enter the Login Name, Password, and Certificate Number(s) from the email in step 7.
- Click the Retrieve button.
This will connect your All-Access server to Embarcadero's License Hosting site and retrieve your licenses.
Note: If one of the following is true, you should use the Embarcadero License Hosting site (https://reg.codegear.com/srs6/el/login.jsp) and follow the instructions from step 11 to step 18; otherwise, continue to step 19.
* Your All-Access server does not have internet access.
* Retrieve License returns an error.
* You are using, or plan to use, a port other than 5567 as the ELC Communication Port.
* You are setting up a redundant license server on your network.
- Using the info from the email, log in to https://reg.codegear.com/srs6/el/login.jsp
- On the License Hosting page, click Host.
- Use the wizard to download and save embarcadero_<uniqueID>.zip.
- Unzip embarcadero_<uniqueID>.zip.
- Copy the server_<uniqueID>.slip file to <ELC_install>/conf directory.
- Log in to the All-Access administration console, http://localhost:80/aaserver, as the administrator.
Note: 80 is the default port for the server. Substitute 80 with the port number you specified when installing the All-Access server (step 6). By default, the userid/password is admin/admin.
- In the All-Access administration console, click Import Licenses.
- Import the recently downloaded concurrent_<uniqueID>.slip.
- In the All-Access administration console, click View Products.
- Cache the products you want your users to access.
* To use the product cache created in the previous version of All-Access, copy the EMBTProducts directory in the backup directory created in step 2 and paste it into the root folder of the new All-Access installation directory, usually C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\All-Access Server.
*To cache all versions of all products, at the bottom of the Products page, click Cache All Products.
*To cache a specific product, click the name of the product. On the product page, you will see links to download the versions available.
**To cache all versions of the product, at the bottom of the page, click Cache all versions.
**To cache only specific versions, next to the version you want to cache, click Cache product version.
- In the All-Access administration console, click Home to get to the homepage of the console, and then click Download.
The Client is downloaded to the default location specified by your browser.
- Copy the Client executable from the default download location to a directory of your choice where the client preferences and logs will be kept.
- Start the Client and validate that new and existing products are available.