Add to App from Install
Go Up to Mastering Apps
Once you have created an app you can add other applications to it that will automatically be applied when the app is launched. This is useful when you have an application that has patches you want to apply to it or if you have an application that depends on other applications to run, such as TOAD and a database client.
When the AppWave Browser launches this complex app, the complementary applications are also applied. The AppWave Browser user sees only one app, the main app in the AppWave catalog.
First of all, create an app for the main application as described previously: Create an App with One Click,Create AppWave Supported or Custom App from Install... and save your work or open an existing project to which you want to add other applications. Then follow these steps:
- On the Studio tab, click the Start step and then click Add to App from Install. The Record Application Installation dialog appears.
- Enter the Installer path and any Command line options required and then click Record.
- When the installation has completed, click Finished in the Recording dialog.
- Continue to add applications to the project as required by repeating steps 2 through 4.
- Complete any Tasks required and then save your project and broadcast the app.