Create an App with a Template That Contains Multiple Versions or Multiple Editions
Go Up to Mastering Apps
When you master an app using an AppWave Template, that template may contain multiple versions, for example: 1.0, 2.0, 3.0... or multiple editions, for example: Professional, Personal, Developer... of the app. If that is the case, you have the option to select one of the versions listed, and then either open the app that is already installed or record the version listed.
- In Apps, search for “AppWave Template” and all the apps with that designation are listed. This template is indicated by an icon located to the right of the app icon.
- Scroll down and select the app that you want to master. In the following example we selected “Mozilla Firefox” which has an AppWave Template with multiple versions.
- Click Master located to the right of the icon and the Record installation dialog appears as the app file template downloads.
- A progress bar appears in the lower-right corner of Studio showing the download of the selected app.
- Also, an indicator window opens in the lower right-hand corner of your screen showing that the selected file has finished downloading. The file extension .aw indicates it is the AppWave Template file.
- In Studio, the first step of the mastering process opens. However, since the app you want to master has different versions, for example: 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 or multiple editions, for example Professional, Personal, Developer, included in the template, you are given the choice of which version you want to work with on the Build an App page. You can also choose to record a new one.
- Select a version or edition that you want to master.
- Click Record and the Record <product name> dialog appears. Follow the steps to Create AppWave Supported or Custom App from Install.
- Note: Click the web site URL if you have not downloaded the executable for the selected app you are going to master. This executable needs to be saved in the C:\directory .
- If you select the Record link in the Other version, follow the steps to Create AppWave Supported or Custom App from Scratch.
Using the App
Once you have created the app using AppWave Studio, it is available on the AppWave Browser. To start using the app:
- Click Apps and select the AppWave folder.
- During the Broadcast process, if a folder doesn’t already exist, a folder with your user name (for example “embarcadero.comkathyb’s Folder”) is created in the AppWave folder.
- After your app is broadcast, the newly mastered app is placed in a working folder, usually the <user_name> folder. You can see an indicator .
- Note: The app runs a little faster if it has first been downloaded to your local disk.
- Click Add to start the App.
- Note: For more information on the Apps portion of the App, please see Using AppWave Browser.