Does AppWave support Secure Socket Layer (SSL) communications?
Yes, AppWave supports SSL. For information on configuring SSL, contact Embarcadero support.
I have ToolCloud installed on one computer and want to upgrade to AppWave but I want to install AppWave on a different computer. How can I migrate my ToolCloud ELC settings such as licenses, users, and groups to the new AppWave?
The following are the steps you must complete to get AppWave up and running on another machine using your current ToolCloud ELC settings:
- 1. Install AppWave on the new computer.
- 2. Backup the license files on the AppWave installation, so that if something goes wrong you can go back to previous settings. These files are located in …\[AppWave_install_dir]\elc\conf and include
- 3. Backup the licenses zip files located in …\[ELC_install_dir]\conf (default: C:\Embarcadero\ELC4.2\LicenseCenter\conf).
- 4. In the MANAGE LICENSES area, click License Inventory and then click Import License. Browse to the license .zip file and then click Import License or you can copy the licenses to …\[AppWave_install_dir]\elc\conf on the machine running AppWave .
- 5. Backup the licenses assignments files located in …\[ELC_install_dir]\conf. Copy them to …\[AppWave_install_dir]\elc\conf on the machine running AppWave .
- 6. Reload the license files, In the MANAGE LICENSES area, click License Inventory > License Files and then click Reload License Files.
What ports does AppWave use?
The ports are set during AppWave installation. The default ports used are described in "AppWave Requirements" in the AppWave Administrator Guide. Ensure these ports are not blocked by your firewall.
What version of Java does AppWave use?
AppWave ships with JVM 1.6 embedded.
I'm having trouble with my AppWave installation. Where are the installation details kept?
After installing AppWave, the installation details can be found in log files in the path "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Embarcadero AppWave\".