Upgrade Notes for Embarcadero Connect 3.0
These Upgrade Notes provide important information regarding the process of upgrading to Embarcadero Connect 3.0 from a previous version.
Regardless of the process that you must follow to back up your licenses, which depends on the previous version that you are upgrading from and other factors, after you restore your licenses in your new Embarcadero Connect 3.0 installation, you must log in as a super user and use the Manage Users page to assign different types of available licenses (Connect, Portal, exclusive) to your users.
Note: Files saved in later versions of ER Studio Data Architect may not work with Embarcadero Connect if they use new features. For example, if you use SQL Server 2014 for your Physical Model in ER Studio DA 9.7, you will need to update to the corresponding version of Embarcadero Connect for those files to synchronize.
Upgrading from ER/Studio Portal 2.0.x
If your previous installation is ER/Studio Portal 2.x, you will need to back up your licenses manually.
Make a copy of the license files, for example: license.txt, ao_12345678.txt or .slip until the upgrade has completed. Then copy to the license folder in the installation directory of the new Embarcadero Connect 3.0 installation folder.
Depending on your installation location, you can find the license file in the program directory. For example:
- C:\Embarcadero\ERStudio Portal 2.0\license
If you have previously used the uninstaller, you may also have a license backup in the following location:
- 32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ersEnterprisePortalBackup\license
- 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\ersEnterprisePortalBackup\license
- If you have installed ER/Studio Portal 2.0.x on one computer and now want to install Embarcadero Connect 3.0 on a different computer, there is no license to back up, so you must use the license file from the previous installation. Copy the license\license.txt file from the previous installation folder into the new Embarcadero Connect 3.0 installation folder.
After copying over the license.txt file to the license folder within the installation folder of Embarcadero Connect 3.0, log in to Embarcadero Connect as a super user, select My Settings > Admin > Licenses and click Refresh for Embarcadero Connect to recognize your licenses.
Upgrading from ER/Studio Portal 1.6.x
ER/Studio Portal 1.6.x uses two databases, the solution and the reporting repositories. Because of this, you need to follow these steps to upgrade to Embarcadero Connect 3.0:
- Consolidate the two databases:
- Stop the Tomcat service and run the 1.6.x Portal Configuration Manager.
- Select the Solution Database tab.
- Change the connection information to match that of the Reporting database.
- Select Initialize Existing Database and click Apply.
- Click OK. The Solution tables will be placed into the Reporting database.
- Restart the Tomcat service.
- Log in to the Portal and make sure that everything works correctly.
- Uninstall Portal 1.6.x.
- Install Embarcadero Connect 3.0.
- When prompted to specify the Reporting Database information, specify the connection information, select Connect to Existing Database, and click Next. You are prompted to specify the Solution database information. It should default to the Reporting database.
- Specify the password for the Reporting database and click Next.
- Finish the installation.
- After installing Embarcadero Connect 3.0, synchronize Embarcadero Connect with the ER/Studio Repository database to ensure that it is up to date.