Advanced Space Management
Go Up to Session 4: Space Management
For advanced space analysis and management, DBArtisan’s optional Space Analyst component contains sophisticated diagnostics to help you pinpoint all space-related problems in your database, as well as an intelligent reorganization wizard that can reorganize all or selected parts of your database.
- Note: Space Analyst is a separately-licensed component. If you are not working with an evaluation copy of DBArtisan or do not have a specific license, proceed to Session 5: SQL Management. Contact your license administrator or your IDERA representative about obtaining a license.
To see the sort of information provided by the Space Analyst
- On the Analyst menu, select Space Analyst.
- Note: If prompted to install components on the server, allow DBArtisan to install the components.
- The Space Analyst launches in the DBArtisan workspace.
- IDERA’s Space Analyst provides sophisticated diagnostic capabilities to troubleshoot bottlenecks and performance inefficiencies that result in poor space management. See the DBArtisan online help for a detailed walkthrough of all available features and functionality.
- Select the Data Files, Tablespace Map, Tables, and Indexes tabs available at the bottom of the Space Analyst pane.
- Close the Space Analyst pane.
Proceed to Session 5: SQL Management.