Aliases Wizard (Sybase ASE)
Go Up to Sybase ASE Object Wizards
The Alias Wizard lets you map a login to an existing user in the database. You can set up aliases so that multiple users log in to the same account and therefore have the same privileges. You can also set up an alias based on individual log ins and give those users access to the same alias with the advantage that you can track their activity within the database.
To create a new alias using a wizard:
- Open a creation wizard for an alias. For details, see Opening an Object Wizard.
- Use the following topics as a guide to setting properties and performing tasks as you pass through the wizard panels:
- Properties panel - for details, see Aliases (Sybase ASE) - Properties.
- DDL View panel - for details, see Previewing the DDL Generated to Create the New Object.
- Finally, use the Execute button to create the object.
Aliases (Sybase ASE) - Properties
When creating or editing an alias, this tab/panel lets you work with the following settings:
Provide a name for the alias being created.
Select the user to which the alias refers. The user has to have a valid account on SQL Server but cannot be a user in the current database.