Go Up to Available object actions by DBMS
The Change Password dialog lets you change user or login passwords, which you should do on a regular basis to guard against security leaks.
To Change the Password for a User or Login
- 1. Take one of the following actions:
- In DBArtisan, for Sybase ASE or SQL Server, select the Logins node.
- In DBArtisan, for MySQL and Oracle, select the Users node.
- 2. Right-click the user or login, and then select Change Password from the context menu.
- The Change Password dialog opens.
- 3. For Oracle and SQL Server datasources, in the Old Password box, type the old password. Providing the old password is optional on SQL Server datasources.
- 4. In the New Password box, type the new password.
- 5. In the Confirm Password box, type the new password.
- 6. Click Execute. For information on the scheduling option, see Scheduling.