Configuring Auto Replace Shortcuts
The Code Workbench window’s Auto Replace tab lets you maintain your list of Auto Replace shortcuts.
Each entry in the list consists of the following:
- The shortcut
- The full term that will be substituted for the shortcut
- The keystroke events that trigger substitution of the term for the short cut.
To open the Code Workbench and navigate to the Auto Replace tab
- Select Tools > Code Workbench.
To add a shortcut to the list
- On the Auto Replace tab, click Add.
- In the Expression box, type a new expression.
- In the Activation box, press one or more of SPACE, TAB, or NEWLINE to set those as activation keys for this shortcut.
- In the Replace With box, type the replacement string.
- Click OK.
- The replace expression is now ready for use in the ISQL Window.
To delete a shortcut from the list
- Select one or more shortcuts from the list, click Delete, and confirm when prompted.
To edit an existing shortcut
- Select a shortcut from the list, click Edit, and modify the Expression, Activation, or Replace With boxes, as necessary.
Also see the following topics:
- Working with Code Workbench Auto Replace Shortcuts, for an introduction
- Enabling Auto Replace Shortcut Substitution, for details on enabling the feature