Enable Recycle Bin
Go Up to Available object actions by DBMS
This action builds and submits an ALTER SYSTEM SET "_recyclebin"=TRUE or ALTER SYSTEM SET "_recyclebin"=FALSE statement, letting you enable or disable the Oracle Recycle Bin.
This action lets you enable or disable the Oracle Recycle Bin, building and submitting one of the following version-specific statement variations:
- Oracle 10g R1 - ALTER SYSTEM SET "_recyclebin" TRUE / FALSE
- Oracle 10g R2 - ALTER SYSTEM SET RECYCLEBIN ON / OFF SCOPE=BOTH
- Oracle 11g - ALTER SYSTEM SET RECYCLEBIN ON / OFF DEFERRED SCOPE=BOTH (note that in this case, the change takes effect after reconnecting to the datasource)
When the Recycle Bin is enabled, dropped objects are stored in the Recycle Bin until explicitly purged.
To Enable or Disable the Recycle Bin
- 1. In DBArtisan, right-click an Oracle datasource node, and select Command > Enable Recycle Bin from the context menu.
- 2. Use the following table as a guide to understanding and modifying settings in this wizard:
|Panel||Settings and tasks|
Select the Enable check box to enable Recycle Bin functionality. Deselect the Enable check box to disable the feature.
Displays the DDL that will execute the object action. For details, see Preview.
- Note: In general, you can determine the current enabled/disabled state of the Recycle Bin by opening the Enable Recycle Bin dialog. If the Enable check box is selected, the Recycle Bin is currently Note however, that the Enable Recycle Bin action reads the current state of the Recycle Bin by querying the v$parameter object. On some Oracle 10g R1 servers, the "_recyclebin" parameter does not appear listed in v$parameter – it is hidden. As a result, for this specific case, the value of the check box when opening the Enable Recycle Bin dialog will always be TRUE, regardless of the actual value.
- 3. Click Execute. For information on the scheduling option, see Scheduling.