Enabling Auto Replace Shortcut Substitution
Before configured Auto Replace shortcuts can be automatically substituted with the associated full terms, you must first enable the Auto Replace feature.
To enable Auto Replace
- Select Tools > Code Workbench to open the Code Workbench dialog
- Select Enable Auto Replace.
- Note: If Replace substrings is unselected, only blank-delimited occurrences of auto replace expressions are replaced when an activation event occurs. If selected, all occurrences of auto replace expressions are replaced. For example, consider an Auto Replace expression of BEG that is to be replaced with Begin. With Replace substrings enabled, BEGBEG would be replaced with BeginBegin when an activation event occurs. With Replace substrings disabled, no replacement would occur.
Also see the following topics:
- Working with Code Workbench Auto Replace Shortcuts, for an introduction
- Configuring Auto Replace Shortcuts, for details on setting up shortcuts
- Using Code Workbench Auto Replace Shortcuts in the ISQL Window, for details on invoking Auto Replace.