Functions Wizard (Oracle)
Go Up to Oracle Object Wizards
Functions are subroutines that you define and are useful for reusing application logic. You can use functions to determine the best methods for controlling access and manipulation of the underlying data contained in an object. A function returns a value, unlike a procedure, which does not.
To create a new function using a wizard:
- Open a creation wizard for a function. For details, see Opening an Object Wizard.
- Use the following topics as a guide to setting properties and performing tasks as you pass through the wizard panels:
- Properties panel - Functions (Oracle) - Properties.
- Definition panel - for details, see Previewing the DDL Generated to Create the New Object.
- Finally, use the Execute button to create the object.
Functions (Oracle) - Properties
When creating or editing a function, this tab/panel lets you work with the following settings:
Select the owner of the function.
Provide a name for the function.
Functions (Oracle) - Definition
Complete the CREATE FUNCTION outline provided by typing or pasting the body of the function.