Go Up to Available object actions by DBMS
The Lock Table dialog lets you lock tables to prevent other users from reading or updating the table data. Locking a table saves the time of locking each row of the table that needs to be updated. Lock mode options preventing other users from viewing or modifying table data, or allowing other users to view but not modify table data. Locks are released at the end of a transaction.
To Lock a Table
- Initiate a Lock action against one or more tables. For more information see Initiating an object operation.
- The Lock Table dialog opens.
- Select a Lock Mode option:
- Share - Lets other users view but not modify the table data.
- Exclusive - Prevents other users from viewing or modifying the table data.
- Click Execute. For information on the scheduling option, see Scheduling.