Go Up to Add-on tools
The PL/SQL Profiler module lets Oracle developers capture metrics of various PL/SQL programmable objects as they are executed in the database. Developers can use data collected in profile sessions to improve performance of PL/SQL code execution. The PL/SQL Profiler collects and stores data in database tables that let you identify and isolate performance problems and provide code coverage information. The PL/SQL Profiler lets you:
- Graphically browse PL/SQL profiling data within the Explorer Tab
- View profiling data in the right pane of the application, which is populated as you navigate the Explorer Tab
- Start and stop PL/SQL profiling sessions with a single click
- Graphically analyze time spent in each programmable object (unit)
- Graphically analyze time spent in each source code line of a unit
- Oracle built-in package DBMS_PROFILER
- Oracle tables:
- PLSQL_PROFILER_DATA (user's schema)
The table below describes the sections of this chapter:
Describes the process of setting up the PL/SQL Profiler.
Describes the functionality of the PL/SQL Profiler.
Describes how to run a profile session.
- Note: The PL/SQL Profiler is an optional add-on module.