Primary Keys Wizard (Sybase ASE)
Go Up to Sybase ASE Object Wizards
Primary key constraints make sure that no duplicate values or NULLS are entered in the columns you specify. You can use primary key constraints to enforce uniqueness and referential integrity. A table can only have a single primary key constraint.
To create a new primary key using a wizard:
- Open a creation wizard for a primary key. For details, see Opening an Object Wizard.
- Use the following topics as a guide to setting properties and performing tasks as you pass through the wizard panels:
- Properties panel - for details, see Primary Keys (Sybase ASE) - Properties.
- Columns panel - for details, see Primary Keys (Sybase ASE) - Columns.
- DDL View panel - for details, see Previewing the DDL Generated to Create the New Object.
- Finally, use the Execute button to create the object.
Primary Keys (Sybase ASE) - Properties
Provide or select the following:
- The Table Owner and Table Name of the table for which to create the index.
- A Name for the Index.
- Whether the index is Clustered.
- The Maximum Rows Per Page.
- A Reserve Page Gap.
- A Segment Name.
- A Fill Factor value.
Primary Keys (Sybase ASE) - Columns
Use the Column dropdown to choose a column name and choose a Sort option for that column. Use the New button to add an additional column to the index or use the Drop button to delete selected columns.