Programs wizard (Oracle)
Go Up to Oracle Object Wizards
This wizard builds and submits a call to DBMS_SCHEDULER.CREATE_PROGRAM with optional DBMS_SCHEDULER.DEFINE_PROGRAM_ARGUMENT calls, letting you create a program.
- Note: This functionality is available as of Oracle 10g.
- Note: Before working with jobs, consult Oracle documentation for general information on DBMS_SCHEDULER. For more information, see Accessing Third Party Documentation.
To create a program using a wizard
- 1. In DBArtisan, on a connected Oracle datasource, expand the Instance and Scheduler nodes, right-click the Programs node and select Create from the context menu.
- 2. Use the following topics as a guide to setting properties and performing tasks as you pass through the wizard panels:
- Action panel - for details, see Programs (Oracle) - Action.
- Arguments panel - for details, see Programs (Oracle) - Arguments.
- DDL View panel - for details, see Previewing the DDL Generated to Create the New Object.
- 3. Finally, use the Finish button to create the object.
Programs (Oracle) - Action
When creating or editing a job, this tab/panel lets you work with the following settings:
|Group||Settings and Description|
Lets you provide an Owner and Name for the job as well as ENABLED and COMMENTS (Description) attribute values
Type of Program
The Type of Program setting lets you choose among EXECUTABLE, STORED PROCEDURE, or PLSQL Block. Depending on your choice, take one of the following actions: PLSQL BLOCK - Type or paste the SQL to be executed. STORED PROCEDURE - Provide the Procedure Owner and Procedure Name. EXECUTEABLE - Use the browse button to locate the executable.
Programs (Oracle) - Arguments
When creating or editing a program, if you selected an Action tab choice of EXECUTABLE or STORED PROCEDURE, this tab/panel lets you manage parameters to be passed.