Providing Custom Driver Properties When Registering Datasources
The Datasource Registration Wizard’s Custom Driver Properties panel lets you specify optional, provider-specific connection string keywords or properties beyond those offered on other panels of the wizard.
- Note: Consult driver/client documentation for details on supported driver properties. For a listing of supported DBMS drivers and clients, see the ReadMe.htm file for this release (View > Release Notes).
To add a driver property for this datasource connection
- Click New. An Add Driver Property dialog opens.
- Select a property name from the Name dropdown or type the name of the property. The dropdown is automatically populated with the most commonly-used properties for a platform driver. However, all properties (name/value pairs) supported for that driver can be specified.
- Type the property value in the Value field.
- Optionally, provide a Description.
- Click OK.
The dialog closes and the new property’s name and value are displayed in the Property Name/Property Value list.
Use the Edit button to initiate editing of a selected property name/value pair. Similarly, use the Delete button to remove a selected property name/value pair from the list.