SQL Debugging, Analysis and Tuning
Go Up to Session 5: SQL Management
While this example is specific to Oracle PL/SQL Debugging, the same interface and functionality applies to all of the supported platforms.
To see debugging in action
- On the Datasource Explorer, expand any Oracle datasource node.
- On the Oracle datasource, select the Procedures node.
- In the right pane of the Explorer, right-click any stored procedure, and then select Debug.
- If prompted, enter any input parameters and then click Continue.
- After the SQL Debugger interface is displayed you can step through code, step into dependencies, set and watch variables, and even perform basic code profiling for each line of executed code. See the DBArtisan online help for a detailed listing of all available SQL features.
- Experiment with debugging features and then close the debugger window.
Proceed to Session 6: Job Management.