Specifying the Files or Database Objects to Compare
Go Up to Visual Difference
You can compare two files or database objects side-by-side in the Visual Diff dialog box. The file or object you want to compare is called the source. The file or object you want to compare the source to is the target.
To open the source and target
- On the Tools menu, click Visual Diff.
- On the toolbar, click the down arrow next to the Source icon and then click File or Database Object.
- Take one of the following actions:
- Use the Select the 1st File to Compare dialog box to locate and select the source file
- Use the Select the 1st Database Object to Compare dialog box to navigate the datasource tree to locate and select the source database object.
- Repeat those actions to select a target file or database object. A progress dialog is briefly displayed, showing processing of the differences between the source and target.
- Note: The Visual Difference Utility highlights all differences between the two files.
Once you have added the source and target, you can navigate back and forward among the highlighted differences, search the source or target for character strings, or print the contents of the source or target pane.