Unique Keys Wizard (Sybase ASE)
Go Up to Sybase ASE Object Wizards
Unique keys can enforce logical keys that are not chosen as the primary key. In other words, you can use a unique key to ensure no duplicate values are entered in specific columns that are not a part of the primary key. Although you can only attach one primary key to a table, you can attach multiple unique keys. Also, you can use unique keys on columns that allow null values.
To create a new unique key using a wizard:
- Open a creation wizard for a unique key. For details, see Opening an Object Wizard.
- Use the following topics as a guide to setting properties and performing tasks as you pass through the wizard panels:
- Properties panel - for details, see Unique Keys (Sybase ASE) - Properties.
- Columns panel - for details, see Unique Keys (Sybase ASE) - Columns.
- DDL View panel - for details, see Previewing the DDL Generated to Create the New Object.
- Finally, use the Execute button to create the object.
- If you are creating a non-clustered index constraint, you should place it on a separate segment from the target table.
Unique Keys (Sybase ASE) - Properties
Provide or select the following:
- The Table Owner and Table Name of the table for which to create the index.
- A Name for the Index.
- Whether the index is Clustered.
- The Maximum Rows Per Page.
- A Reserve Page Gap.
- A Segment Name.
- A Fill Factor value.
Unique Keys (Sybase ASE) - Columns
Use the Column dropdown to choose a column name and choose a Sort option for that column. Use the New button to add an additional column to the index or use the Drop button to delete selected columns.