Version Control Functionality - Show Differences
Go Up to Version Control
The Show Differences functionality lets you view any differences between the current files in your working folder and the master files in the version control database. You cannot make changes to the files from this dialog box because it is used for display purposes only.
Viewing Project Differences
To view project differences, do the following:
- Click File and then Open Project.
- The Open Project dialog box opens.
- Type the project name or select the project.
- Click Open.
- The project opens on the Project Tab.
- Click the target file.
- On the Project menu, click Version Control.
- Click Show Differences.
- The Differences dialog box opens.
- If the file in your working directory is the same as the one in the project, a message tells you they are identical. If there are differences, the Differences dialog box from your version control system opens and displays the two versions of the file side-by-side, highlighting any differences.
- In the Differences dialog box, you can maneuver through the files by using the Up and Down arrows.
- To set Diff Options, click the Options button.
Note: The Differences dialog box and Options depend on your version control system.
Showing History for a File
To show history, do the following:
- On the Project Tab, right-click the target file(s) and select Show History.
- The Difference dialog box opens.
- In the Difference dialog box, you can maneuver through the files by using the Up and Down arrows.
Note: The Difference dialog box and options depend on your version control system.