Online/Offline Mode and Concurrent License Checkout
Go Up to Licensing Your Product
Concurrent licenses can be used in both online and offline modes. In online mode, you must have a continuous network connection to your License Center. Licenses are checked out on startup and checked back in on shutdown.
You can also use a license in offline mode. When you explicitly check out a license for offline use, you can use the license without a connection to your License Center for a specified duration. This lets you work while travelling or commuting, work away from your primary work area, or use the license when a network connection is unavailable or not required.
- Note: Contact your site administrator for information on offline license availability, the maximum duration, offline license policy at your site, or any other issues arising from online license usage.
To check out a license for offline use:
- On the Help menu, select Checkout License. The Check Out Licenses For Offline Use dialog opens.
- Select the check box associated with each individual license you want to check out.
- In the Checkout Duration box, type the number of hours that you can use the offline license without a network connection to the License Center.
- Click OK.
You can work offline for the specified duration. The duration period begins immediately.
If you subsequently establish a network connection to the License Center before the license duration expires, you can indicate to the License Center that the offline license is no longer required.
To indicate that an offline license is no longer required:
- On the Help menu, select Checkin License.
There is no interruption in DBArtisan usage. The license is not actually checked in until you shut down DBArtisan.