Go Up to Main Page
These tutorials are intended to help you get started using ER/Studio BA and give you the foundation you need to explore its many features and benefits. You will learn how to create a new business process and conceptual model, format and edit diagrams, import and export data, and generate a web report. You will also become familiar with some frequently used tasks and commands to make you more productive.
This guide is divided into short, easy to learn sessions. Do them all at once, or complete them individually as you have time.
- Session 1: Getting Started with ER/Studio BA
- Session 2: Understanding the ER/Studio BA Infrastructure
- Session 3: Creating a Business Process Model Diagram
- Session 4: Creating a Conceptual Model Diagram
- Session 5: Exporting Conceptual Diagrams to ER/Studio DA
- Session 6: Importing an ER/Studio Data Architect Model to a Conceptual Model
- Session 7: Creating a Diagram from Selected Elements
- Session 8: Importing External Data Objects from ER/Studio DA
- Session 9: Exporting External Data Objects to ER/Studio DA
- Session 10: Using Reference Objects
- Session 11: Using the Grid Editor
- Session 12: Exporting Data
- Session 13: Importing Visio Models
- Session 14: Importing Comma Separated Value (CSV) Files
- Session 15: Creating Links and Impact Analysis Diagrams
- Session 16: Creating Usage Relationships
- Session 17: Collaborative Modeling
- Session 18: Using the Web Report
- Session 19: Using ER/Studio BA Tools
You can use this basic guide as a roadmap of product highlights, but it also is provided to help you find your own path in exploring ER/Studio BA.
Once you’ve started, you can select Help from the menu to find many additional resources that complement and build on many of the activities shown in this brief guide.