What's New in ER/Studio BA
New features of ER/Studio BA 17.0
BPMN 2.0 Support
ER/Studio Business Architect 17.0 supports BPMN 2.0. The Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) standard helps identify the numerous steps in a business process using graphical representations. For more information about BPMN, see www.bpmn.org. New features include:
- Choreography diagrams that allow you to indicate tasks that include multiple participants in order to complete that task.
- Conversation diagrams that help you to better show the complex conversations that need to take place between multiple participants in order to complete a process.
- New events including Escalation Events, Signal Events, and Parallel Multiple Events.
- Non-Interrupting Events which allow you to designate events on a boundary of a task or subprocess that does not interrupt other processes on your diagram.
- Multiple Event Triggers have a new look that reflects the image change related to the BPMN 2.0 spec.
- Throw/Catch Events are new options for several existing events to align with the BPMN 2.0 spec.
- New Task Markers allow you to indicate the kind of Task Type that is available.
- Reusable Subprocesses, previously known as Independent Subprocesses, allow you to drive your users to an additional diagram where you can expand the processes into further detail.
- Event Subprocesses are triggered by an event and allow users to identify when those events spawn off a new process.
- Call Activities are used to designate global processes that are used throughout your organization and help to alert users to places where repeatable processes can be streamlined and used
- Sequential Multi-Instance Task Notation now appears as three horizontal bars as in the BPMN 2.0 spec.
- New Gateways allow you to signify Exclusive Event Based Gateways and Parallel Event Based Gateways.
- Message Objects now are available for diagrams and are attached to choreographies by default. These allow you to show initiating (sending) or non-initiating (receiving) messages.
- Data Objects are improved and include markers that represent collections, input, and output.
BPMN 2.0 validation
Select BPMN 2.0 Validation in your models and ER/Studio Business Architect validates your processes based on the BPMN 2.0 standards. If you draw an item that conflicts with these standards, then a message appears alerting you that what you are drawing does not meet the standards. You can override the validation if you choose.
Application Reference Object
Along with our other Reference Objects such as Steward, Business Unit, Business Rules, and Business Elements, Application Objects now allow you to designate the various applications that your organization uses.
New Sample Models
This release includes two new, easy to understand sample models available with your product installation. They can be found via C:\Program Files (x86)\Idera\ERStudio Business Architect 2017\samples\Workspaces.
These examples are there to help you understand what objects are available in BPMN 2.0 and what the common validation is. It also has several diagrams from the BPMN 2.0 specification that show how these objects can be used.
The Pizza Model is there to help users to understand some common diagrams in a way that is slightly humorous and easy to understand.
New features of ER/Studio BA 16.5
- ER/Studio Business Architect 16.5 begins a rollout of rebranding this product from Embarcadero to IDERA. Note that these changes include a new license agreement, installation and data directories, icons, file names, registry settings, and more. For more information about IDERA and IDERA products, see www.idera.com.
Implemented unique tokens to identify repository checkout records
- In this release of ER/Studio Business Architect, checkouts now include a unique identifier or token to easily resolve identification issues when attempting to check in a workspace to the Repository. Previously, workspace checkouts included the host machine name as part of the identifier in the checkout record. This process caused issues in virtualized environments when the host names did not match upon reconciliation at check in, perhaps because the user disconnected from the repository before checking in the work.
New features of ER/Studio BA 16.0
There are no new features in this release.