Changing the Location of Shared Files
From ER/Studio Data Architect
Go Up to Administrator Guide
- You must have local administrator privileges to change the location where ER/Studio Data Architect stores and searches for shared application data.
- Choose Tools > Options, and then click the Directories tab.
- In the File Path dialog, browse to an existing directory you want to store your shared files.
- Note: ER/Studio Data Architect will create a directory that does not exist but not a directory path. If your path has multiple levels it will need to be previously created.
- In the Options dialog, click OK. When closing the dialog ER/Studio Data Architect creates and/or searches in the changed directory.
- If you are changing the location of any of the following directories, you will also need to copy the contents of the directory to the new location:
- To effect the changes, please restart ER/Studio Data Architect.