Change the Background and Outline Colors of Existing Models and Views
Go Up to Customizing the Data Model
- In the Data Model Explorer, click a data model or a view of a data model.
- Choose Format > Colors & Fonts > Colors.
- To set the background color of a model, from the list select Model Background and then click Set Color.
- To set the background color of all views in the model, from the list, select View Background and then click Set Color.
- To set the foreground color of all views in the model (the dotted line around the view box), from the list select View Foreground and then click Set Color.
- To choose one of the Basic colors or one of the existing Custom Colors, select a color box and then click OK.
- To choose a color not already displayed in this dialog, click Define Custom Colors, define the new color, and click Add to Custom Colors. (This adds a new color option to the available Custom Colors.) Then you can select the new color box and click OK.
- To apply your changes and exit the Colors & Fonts editor, click OK again.
- When exporting the model, you can also export the model background by selecting Export model and object background color in Model > Options > Display.
- You can specify background and foreground colors for an individual view by right-clicking the view in the Data Model Window and then clicking View Background/Outline Color.
- You can specify that all views in the data model share the same background and foreground (outline) colors by choosing Tools > Options > View and then in the View area, selecting Same background color for all views.