Determining Who has an Object Checked Out
At any time while logged in to the Repository, you can see who has any part of a diagram checked out; this includes viewing the checkout status of everything from attributes to submodels and data dictionaries to entire diagrams, and everything in between.
- Open a Repository diagram and then log in to the Repository.
- On the Data Model, Data Dictionary, Data Lineage, or Macros tab, navigate to the object you want to investigate.
- Right-click the object and then click Version History.
- On the Version History dialog, click CheckOut Status.
ER/Studio Data Architect queries the Repository for the latest status. The following describes the fields of the dialog that require additional explanation:
- User Name: The Repository login ID of the user who has the object checked out.
- Machine Name: The name of the computer, as defined in the Windows System Properties, that was used when the object was checked out.