Go Up to Application Interface
Keyboard commands, function keys, and shortcuts offer alternative ways to access ER/Studio Data Architect functionality without using the mouse. You can use keyboard commands to navigate diagrams and perform basic functions.
- PAGE UP: Scrolls up the Data Model Window.
- PAGE DOWN: Scrolls down the Data Model Window.
- UP ARROW: Scrolls up one line.
- DOWN ARROW: Scrolls down one line.
- RIGHT ARROW: Scrolls over one position to the right.
- LEFT ARROW: Scrolls over one position to the left.
- MINUS SIGN: Decreases zoom level by one step.
- SHIFT+F8: Lets you freeze the Zoom window so that you can pan around the diagram and still maintain focus on a specific diagram object. The same command unfreezes the Zoom window.
The function keys let you access certain features or dialog boxes.
- F1: Opens the online Help.
- F4: Opens the Find Entity/View dialog.
- F5: Redraws the diagram.
- F7: Activates or deactivate shadowing.
- F8: Opens or closes a zoom window.
Shortcuts let you access important functionality through key combinations.
- CTRL+A: Selects all entities in the Data Model Window.
- CTRL+Shift+A: Selects all relationship lines in the Data Model Window. One relationship line needs to be selected first.
- CTRL+H: Straightens the selected relationship lines horizontally. The lines will straighten based on the docking point against the parent entity.
- CTRL+L: Straightens the selected relationship lines vertically. The lines will straighten based on the docking point against the parent entity.
You can use the following hot keys to navigate through your models in the Data Model Explorer:
- Page Up: Scrolls up one screen size.
- Page Down: Scrolls down one screen size.
- CTRL+Home: Scrolls to the upper left hand page of the model.
- Up Arrow: Scrolls up one line.
- Down Arrow: Scrolls down one line.
Full Undo Redo
The Undo and Redo commands restore your model to the last stage of edits. Find them under the Edit menu or use the CTRL+Z and CTRL+Y hot keys.