Logging In and Out of the Repository and ER/Studio TS
Go Up to Working with ERStudio Repository
Log in to the Repository or ER/Studio Team Server
- To log in to the Repository, choose Repository > Log In.
- To log in to ER/Studio Team Server, choose Repository > Team Server Log In.
- Complete the log in dialog and then click OK.
The following describes the options that require additional explanation:
User Name: Enter your user name. This is case-sensitive.
Password: Enter your password. This is case-sensitive. You can change your password by selecting Repository > Security > Change Password.
Log in using current Windows Account: Select this option to log in to the Repository or ER/Studio TS using the user name and password of the current Windows user. This option accesses the LDAP server on the network to verify the user's credentials.
Keep me signed in: Select this option to remain logged in across shutdowns and startups of ER/Studio Data Architect.
- During the Repository Installation, a default user name and password Admin is set as the default. The Administrator should change the Admin password after the initial log in.
- The Admin user cannot be deleted. This prevents an accidental lockout. You can set up additional users with Roles and Privileges to maintain Repository security.
- If an administrator changes the repository security, users must log in again to update their permissions.
Log out of the Repository or ER/Studio Team Server
- To log out of the Repository, choose Repository > Log Out.
- To log out of the ER/Studio Team Server, click Repository > Team Server Log Out.
- In the Repository Operation Status dialog, select the desired options and operations and then click Close.
- If you select Do Not Display Dialog Again and later want to see the Repository Operation Status dialog, you can re-enable it in Repository Options. For more information, see Setting Repository and ER/Studio TS Options.