Retrieving a Repository Diagram, Submodel or Named Release
Retrieving repository objects downloads copies of selected diagrams, submodels, or named releases from the Repository onto the user's local machine. The data model, submodel or named release is copied from the Repository to your local system. If a local version of the object exists, the Get from Repository operation refreshes the local copy with the version from the Repository.
Note: Permissions assigned to your user account in the Repository Security Center determine what type of access you have to Repository objects. For more information, see Establishing Security for the Repository.
- Log in to the Repository.
- Choose Repository > Diagrams > Get from Repository.
- In the Get From Repository dialog, there are two ways to find a diagram.
- Browse to and then select the object.
- In the Show diagrams that begin with: field, enter the first few letters of the diagram name. As you type the list of diagrams updates to display just the diagrams that match the letter or letters entered.
- Tip: Holding ctrl-expand expands all descendant nodes (except diagrams that haven't had their child data retrieved from the Repo) and clicking to expand normally will only expand the immediate children. There is also a memory feature that observes what was previously expanded or collapsed the last time the Get from Repository dialog was used.
- If you plan to make changes to the diagram, you may select Check Out Immediately to immediately mark the objects in the file as editable.
- Tip: You can prevent other users from making changed to the object by selecting Check Out Exclusively. Otherwise, when you check in your changes you can resolve any differences between your version and the version in the Repository if another user checked in changes to the same object. For more information, see Checking In Objects.
- Click OK.
The dm1 file will be placed in the Active Files directory as specified in Repository > Options > General.
- If a model with the same name already exists in the Models directory, as specified in Tools > Options > Directories > Models, then you will be alerted that proceeding with the Get from Repository operation will result in the local copy being overwritten with the version from the Repository. You can then choose to cancel the Get operation without affecting the contents of the local version.
- You can view a Named Release, but, in general, you may not modify it. A special Repository operation, Rollback Diagram, lets you Check In a Named Release as the latest version of a Diagram; once the Roll Back operation is completed, you can Check Out the Diagram (or a portion of it) to modify it.