Exporting Metadata for all Models and Submodels
Go Up to Exporting the Data Model
- You need a separate license to access the MetaData Export bridges. See the About ERStudio dialog for a list of the modules you are licensed to use.
Using the MetaData Export Wizard, you can export your diagrams in formats compatible with a wide-variety of industry-standard tools. For a current list of supported platforms and bridges available, see the files located at http://docs.embarcadero.com/products/er_studio/ or locally at:
C:\Program Files\IDERA\ERStudio Data Architect x.x\MetaIntegration\conf\MIRModelBridges.xml
To export model metadata
- Click File > Export File > Export Model Metadata.
- Complete the Export Model Metadata dialog as required.
- Click the field beside the option name to either enter a value or select a value from the list. Help text for each option appears in the area at the bottom of the page.
- If you want to save or print the log, choose Save to File or Print.
The following describe options that require additional explanation:
Type: From the list, select the MIR Bridge you want to use to generates a file that can be imported into the third-party application supported by the selected bridge type.
Model selection: Choose to export the logical model, physical model, or all models. If you choose to export the physical model, because there can be numerous physical models in an ER/Studio Data Architect file you must enter the name of the model in the Physical model name field.
This page displays informational and warning messages describing successful and unsuccessful exports respectively.