Installing Embarcadero ER/Studio Data Architect
Go Up to Introduction
This section will help you ensure your environment meets the technical requirements and helps you install ER/Studio Data Architect.
You can download a 14-day trial version of ER/Studio Data Architect, from https://www.idera.com//downloads. IDERA will send you an activation link by email.
Review the requirements before you install ER/Studio Data Architect. Adhering to these requirements optimizes the performance.
|ER/Studio Data Architect Requirements|
|Hardware||Processor||Dual Core or higher|
|Operating System||Any of the following:|
• Windows 7, 8, 8.1 & 10
|Software|| To use an Open Data Base Connectivity (ODBC) database as a data source, install the ODBC driver on your client computer.
To connect to the DBMS using native connectivity, install the native client libraries available from the DBMS vendor.
Local administrator privileges (required for installation only).
Installing ER/Studio Data Architect
Log on to Windows with local administrator privileges.
- Start the ER/Studio Data Architect installation program.
- Walk through the installation wizard following the onscreen prompts.
The following provides additional information for some options that you can check after the installation:
- You can change the notation setting. Go Tools > Options from the ER/Studio Data Architect Main menu, and then click the Logical or Physical tab where you can choose the notation type.
- By default, ER/Studio Data Architect installs shared directories and application files such as the DatatypeMapping, Macros, and Sample Models directories in the following location: C:\ProgramData\IDERA\ERStudioDA_2016 . If you prefer to store these files in another directory after installation, follow the procedure in Changing the Location of Shared Files.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to use ER/Studio Data Architect, see the Tutorials section.
- For silent installations, launch the installer with commands adding -q to the installer:
Also you will be able to see a percentage bar if instead of -q you set a -passive: