Before you can build your mobile application for iOS, you will need to install some software to your Mac.
Xcode and iOS SDK
It is assumed you have Xcode and the iOS SDK already installed on your Mac. If you don’t, you will need to install both. For more information, visit developer.apple.com/xcode.
Install PhoneGap 2.7.0 for iOS:
- Download PhoneGap from here.
- Inside the downloaded folder, locate lib/ios/Cordova-2.7.0.dmg and open it.
- Inside the .dmg you will find a Cordova-2.7.0.pkg file. Run it.
PhoneGap installation wizard will then pop up.
- On the Introduction page, you can have a look at PhoneGap’s change log. Click Continue.
- On the Read Me page, you will be presented with the release notes. Click Continue.
- On the Destination Select page, select who you want to install PhoneGap for, and click Continue.
- On the Installation Type page, you can decide the installation folder for PhoneGap.
- If you want to customize installation folder, click Change Install Location…, select your new installation folder and click OK.
- Click Install.
- On the Summary page, you will be shown PhoneGap installation notes. You can now click Close.
PhoneGap 2.7.0 for iOS is now installed in your system.