Connecting to Databases
Go Up to Working with Databases
Connecting to one or more databases is a four-step process:
- Creating and initializing a database handle for each database to be attached.
- Creating and populating a DPB for each database to be attached.
- Optionally calling
isc_expand_dpb()prior to actual attachment to add more database parameters to a populated DPB.
isc_attach_database()for each database to which to connect.
These steps are described in the following sections of this chapter.
- Creating Database Handles
- Creating and Populating a DPB
- DPB Parameters
- Adding Parameters to a DPB
- Attaching to a Database