Go Up to Planning Security
You can grant access privileges on an entire table or view or to only certain columns of the table or view. This section discusses the basic operation of granting privileges.
- Granting multiple privileges at one time, or granting privileges to groups of users is discussed in Multiple Privileges and Multiple Grantees.
- Using Roles to Grant Privileges discusses both how to grant privileges to roles and how to grant roles to users.
- You can grant access privileges to views, but there are limitations. See Granting Access to Views.
- The power to grant
GRANTauthority is discussed in Granting Users the Right to Grant Privileges.
EXECUTEprivileges on stored procedures is discussed in Granting Privileges to Execute Stored Procedures.
- Granting Privileges to a Whole Table
- Granting Access to Columns in a Table
- Granting Privileges to a Stored Procedure or Trigger