Go Up to Overview of SQL Access Privileges
InterBase implements features for assigning SQL privileges to groups of users, fully supporting SQL group-level security with the
DROP ROLE statements. It partially supports
GRANT ROLE and
- Note: These features replace the Security Classes feature in versions prior to InterBase 5. In the past, group privileges could be granted only through the InterBase-proprietary GDML language. In Version 5, new SQL features were added to assist in migrating InterBase users from GDML to SQL.
Implementing roles is a four-step process:
- 1. Create a role using the
- 2. Assign privileges to the role using
- 3. Grant the role to users using
- 4. Users specify the role when attaching to a database.
These steps are described in detail in this chapter. In addition, the
REVOKE statements are described in the Language Reference Guide.