Working with Services
Go Up to API Guide
This chapter covers the InterBase Services API functions. This facility allows you to write applications that monitor and control InterBase servers and databases. Tasks that you can perform with this API include:
- Performing database maintenance tasks such as database backup and restore, shutdown and restart, garbage collection, and scanning for invalid data structures.
- Creating, modifying, and removing user entries in the security database.
- Administering software activation certificates.
- Requesting information about the configuration of databases and the server.
- Overview of the Services API
- Invoking Service Tasks with isc_service_start( )
- Querying the Services Manager
- Using the Services API with RAD Studio