Who Qualifies to be a VAR?
What is a VAR
A VAR is a company that:
- is either: 1) an OEM (original equipment manufacturer); or (2) an ISV (Independent Software Vendor).
- develops and sells their own software that runs with InterBase.
- has the ability to be main line support for InterBase with their own product.
Basic Requirements to Qualify as a VAR
Credit rating information gathered on a new VAR:
- Account records for at least two years
- Two business? references
- Bank references
- Quarterly reports
- An upfront commitment unless buying from the price list.
- NOTE: This requirements is often removed by the account manager as a requirement?
InterBase and VAR
Initially, Embarcadero works with you as a new VAR to ensure a trouble-free start-up process:
- Initial support is provided for testing and to help get the VAR install working Need to specify the amount of time provided for this...
- Internal InterBase licenses
- An element of external Licenses for the first deployment