ESocketError = class(Exception);
class PASCALIMPLEMENTATION ESocketError : public System::Sysutils::Exception
ESocketError is the exception class for failures that occur when trying to create, use, or shut down Windows socket objects.
ESocketError is raised if:
- A socket cannot be created.
- A socket cannot be initialized.
- A socket cannot be opened.
- An application tries to change the properties of an already open socket.
- A failure occurs when reading from or writing to a socket.
- A socket cannot be properly closed.
There are two ESocketError classes, one in the ScktComp unit and one in the Sockets unit. The two exception classes are identically defined and serve the same function for different categories of socket objects. The two definitions occur simply to ensure that ESocketError is defined for all socket objects.