TStrings = class(TPersistent)
class PASCALIMPLEMENTATION TStrings : public TPersistent
TStrings is the base class for objects that represent a list of strings.
Derive a class from TStrings to store and manipulate a list of strings. TStrings contains abstract or, in C++ terminology, pure virtual methods and should not be directly instantiated.
Descendants of TStrings can represent several individual strings, such as the individual lines that appear in a list box. Some objects use descendants of TStrings to represent one long body of text so that it can be manipulated in smaller chunks.
TStrings introduces many properties and methods to:
- Add or delete strings at specified positions in the list.
- Rearrange the strings in the list.
- Access the string at a particular location.
- Read the strings from or write the strings to a file or stream.
- Associate an object with each string in the list.
- Store and retrieve strings as name-value pairs.
For an explanation of name-value pairs, refer to the NameValueSeparator property.