From RAD Studio
You can create packages in RAD Studio and include them in your projects.
To create a new package:
- File > New > Other to display the New Items object gallery.
- Depending on your type of project, select either the Delphi Projects node or the C++Builder Projects node.
- Double-click the Package icon.This creates a new empty package and makes an entry for it in the Project Manager, along with two folders: one marked Contains and one marked Requires.
Note: If you want to add required files to the package, you must add compiled packages (dcpil, .dll) to the Requires folder. Add uncompiled code files (.pas, .cpp, .h) to the Contains folder.
- Select the package name in the Project Manager.
- Right-click to display the drop-down context menu and choose Add to display the Add dialog box.
- Browse to locate the file or files you want to add.
- Select one or more files, and click Open.
- Click OK.This adds the selected files to the package.
- Choose Project > Build <Package Name> to build the package.
To add a package to a project:
- Choose File > New > Other > VCL Forms Application.
- Select the project name in the Project Manager.
- Right-click to display the drop-down context menu.
- Choose Add.
- Browse to locate a package file.
- Select the file and click Open.
- Click OK.This adds the package to the project.
- Choose Project > Build <Project Name> to build the project.