Helpful Resources for New Users
Go Up to Getting Started with RAD Studio
This topic contains some helpful links to get you started learning Delphi, C++Builder, and the RAD Studio IDE.
RAD Studio Getting Started Book
Getting Started with Delphi and C++Builder 2009 is a tutorial-oriented introduction to the IDE, and is also very useful for new users as well as experienced product users. This book contains an illustrated tour of the IDE, and explicit step-by-step instructions for creating your first RAD Studio application. Learn how to create a GUI application using RAD Studio.
- RAD Studio 2010 videos: 12 Demos of the Holiday Season, by Michael Rozlog
- Nick Hodges demonstrated Turbo Delphi 2006. These videos are still relevant to later releases.
- Free beginner's book: Essential Pascal, by Marco Cantu
- Website with tutorials: Delphi Basics, by Neil Moffatt
- About.com: Learning Object-Oriented Programming with Delphi, by Zarko Gajik
- Lean & Mean Borland C++ by Bruneau Babet (Brady Publishing, 1994)
- http://blogs.embarcadero.com/ddean/ (QA Lead David Dean blogs about C++Builder 2007, 2009, 2010, C++0x, Boost, and 3rd party tools)