Locating Definitions of Classes, Interfaces, Types, and Class/Interface Members with the C++ Class Explorer
Go Up to C++ Class Explorer Topics
Classes and interfaces appear automatically in the C++ Class Explorer. You can view the declaration in the Source Window, and you can locate either the declaration or the definition in the Code Editor as described here.
To locate the definition of an element displayed in the Type List:
In C++Builder, open a C++ project that contains the managed unit (paired .cpp/.h files) that defines the classes, interfaces, and types that you want to examine.
- Click View > C++ Class Explorer.
- After the Type List (left-hand pane) is populated, click the class, interface, type, or member of interest to you.
- The Member View displays the members of the class or interface.
- The Source Window displays the declaration of the class or interface in read-only mode.
- To view and optionally edit the definition of an item in the Type List, select the item, then do either of the following:
- The Code Editor window opens, with focus on the line of the definition, so that you can edit the source if desired.