Online Help for RAD Studio (Delphi and C++Builder 2010)
Welcome to the online help for RAD Studio, a full-featured integrated development environment for creating Windows applications. Use this help system to find conceptual, procedural, and reference information about RAD Studio. Where appropriate, this help system provides links to other help systems and websites. This help system is generated from the pages of the Documentation Wiki.
The Help Has Been Reorganized
The major divisions of the help have changed, as shown in the Contents pane (in the help viewer) or on the Navigation bar at the left on the docwiki. The new top-level organization is based on subject matter (not, as before, on names such as Common or Win32). The groups of topics below the top level, however, are very similar to the groups in previous RAD Studio help systems.
Take a look:
|Library Name||Who Should Read / Level of Material
(introductory, conceptual, how-to, detailed reference)
|Size (number of topics)|
||Small (only a few topics), but the topics link to further information.|
||A small section (a few dozen topics).|
|Steps in Developing a Project||
||Small (less than a hundred topics)|
|Key Application Types||Medium (a few hundred topics)|
||Large (a few thousand topics)|
|Large (a few thousand topics)|
||Medium (a few hundred topics)|
|Delphi Reference||Large (a few thousand topics)|
||Large (a few thousand topics)|
||Very large (many thousands of topics)|
- The major sections of the help are separate libraries, organized by subject matter and according to the experience level of the user.
- The topmost libraries on the navigation bar are, in general, smaller than libraries listed lower. Thus, the largest library is the last section listed, the VCL/RTL Reference.
- The four topmost libraries are also more introductory material -- containing either release-specific features (What's New) or sections on learning about all the features of RAD Studio.
- More experienced RAD Studio users might benefit most from the more technically detailed topics in the reference libraries (IDE Reference, Delphi Reference, C++ Reference, and VCL/RTL Reference).
RAD Studio Code Examples
Our extensive library of compiled code examples, written in complete Delphi and C++ projects, is currently available on a separate wiki:
The Blackfish SQL Developer's Guide is a separate volume:
Delphi Prism (.NET Personality)
The Delphi Prism documentation is available on a separate wiki at http://prismwiki.embarcadero.com/en/Main_Page.
PrismWiki contains the documentation for two of the BSQL-related database units that are used by both RAD Studio and Delphi Prism (Borland.Data.DataStore and Borland.Data.MetaData).
The following Web pages offer additional assistance, information, and resources (such as Webinars and blogs):
- Embarcadero Technologies Web Site
- Embarcadero Technologies Blog Site
- Product Support
- Embarcadero Newsgroups
- Embarcadero Developer Network
- Embarcadero Product Documentation
Release Notes and Known Problems
- Readme - Help Update 1 for Delphi and C++Builder 2010
- Some features described in this help system are not available in all editions of the product. For a list of features and tools included in your edition, click the link to the features matrix, available at:
- If your Internet access is limited by network security, or if your computer is protected by a personal firewall, some of the external links might not be available.
- By default, the help files are installed at C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\7.0\help\Doc.
- See Known Problems in the Help for information about current open issues.