Readme - Help Update 1 for Delphi and C++Builder 2010
Go Up to What's New
Help Update 1 for Delphi and C++Builder 2010 provides bug fixes and other improvements to the Help system.
Visit http://docs.embarcadero.com for versions of the Help available in CHM and PDF formats.
This Help Update can be applied to:
- C++Builder 2010, Delphi 2010, or RAD Studio 2010
- Update 1 of C++Builder 2010 or Delphi 2010
Important: This Help Update cannot be applied to prior software versions. You must update the product to one of the versions listed above to be able to use the Help Update mechanism.
Upgrading via the Automatic Upgrade Mechanism
If you selected "Check for Updates Automatically" when you installed the product, you should automatically be notified when a help update is available for download. Click the notification and follow the instructions to download and install the help update.
Installing the Help Update from the Registered Users Site
You can obtain the help update download from the Registered Users Site.
Install Help Update 1 using this command:
Known Problems with the Help Update Installer
If you close the Update before the install completes, when you run Check for Updates again, a message says there is no Update available. The workaround is to download and run HelpSetup /upgrade from the Registered Users Site.
If you have registered 3rd party help in the RAD Studio/7.0/Help/Doc/h2reg.ini file, you may have problems if you used syntax that is not compatible with RAD Studio Help. For instructions, see How to Plug 3rd-Party Help into RAD Studio Help.
Contents: Improvements in Help Update 1
In the VCL:
- Documentation has been completed for the StdConvs unit.
- Documentation has been completed for the GestureMgr unit, which was new in the RTM release.
- Documentation has been added for many of the DataSnap APIs. See the DSConnect, DSHTTP, DSProd, DSServer units.
- New resurfaced intrinsic ROUTINES are documented.
- The documentation team has fixed approximately 25 bugs reported on customer forums and in direct customer feedback.
In the IDE topics:
- The documentation team has fixed approximately 20 bugs reported in QC, RAID, or direct customer feedback.
- The View > History command is now documented.
Known Problems in the Help for Delphi and C++Builder 2010
- Links in the VCL help from other units to the ActnColorMaps, ActnCtrls, ActnList, ActnMan and ActnMenus units are broken. Links within and between those units work fine, and links from those units to other units also work. This problem has already been fixed for future releases.
- For Japanese, French, and German, there are minor issues in the table of contents.
- Some English content has not yet been translated.
- There are several areas where content is missing or incomplete, as tracked on Quality Central.
Copyright © 2010 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.