Go Up to Enterprise Mobility Services (EMS)
ThingPoint™ extends the functionality of EMS and provides an enterprise access point between remote gadgets and devices. ThingPoint allows you to locally store, filter, and compute vast amounts of IoT data collected at the edge while ensuring only critical data is synced with the central repository.
A ThingPoint application is typically run in proximity with IoT devices. ThingPoints provide easy access for custom code to call EMS. The custom code of a ThingPoint uses the ThingConnect components to interface with devices.
A ThingPoint can:
- Communicate with the EMS Server bilaterally through REST API calls. A ThingPoint application with EMS EdgeModules can respond to requests from an EMS Server.
- Cache edge data in a SQL database.
- Collect data from nearby ThingConnect devices.
- Allow pre- and post-processing IoT data during collecting it from the ThingConnect devices.
- Filter IoT collected data based on several filters criteria.
- Developing a ThingPoint Application with EMS
- Registering a ThingPoint in the EMS Server
- Implementing a Simple ThingPoint Application