Go Up to Working with Metrics Index
Before running the source code Metrics, make sure that the code being analyzed can be compiled. If your source code contains errors or some libraries and paths are not included, the Metrics might produce inaccurate results.
Note: You can run the source code Metrics only in Delphi projects.
This feature is not available for design projects.
To run the source code Metrics
- Open the QA Metrics dialog box:
- Open your source code file in the Code Editor. Click the Project > QA Metrics menu command.
- Only for implementation projects: You can also open the Model View, right-click the project root node, and select QA Metrics on the context menu.
- The QA Metrics dialog box opens.
- In Scope, choose the scope to run the Metrics on:
- Model processes the entire project.
- Selection processes only the specific classes, packages, or diagrams currently selected in the diagram or Model View.
- On the tree of available metrics in the left pane, choose the metrics you want to analyze.
Note: When you select a metric, the lower pane of the QA Metrics dialog box displays the description of this metric.
Tip: If nothing is currently selected in the diagram or navigator view, the Selection scope is not available. If you want to run the Metrics on specific classes, packages, or diagrams, make sure you correctly select them before you open the QA Metrics dialog box.
- In the right pane, for each selected metric you can set options, such as limits and granularity. Change these options if necessary.
- When you have selected your set of metrics, click Start.
Result: After the Metrics processed, the Metrics pane opens automatically. It displays the Metrics results.
Note: The Metrics run in the command thread, so you cannot edit the project while the Metrics are being processed.