Go Up to Third Party Software Add-Ins
FastReport allows your application to generate reports quickly and efficiently.
FastReport provides editions for FireMonkey and VCL:
- FastReport VCL 5
- FastReport FMX
Note: FastReport VCL 5 is already installed by default with RAD Studio Tokyo.
In order to install any of the two editions:
- Download and unzip the
.zipfile available in:
- The Registered Users site as follows:
.htmfile that is located in the RAD Studio installation directory:
C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\available_downloads_xx.htm- dependent on the chosen language. (FMX)
- Launch the installer.
The installer exports categories of components in the Tool Palette, so that you can use FastReport with your applications.
After you install FastReport, you can access it as follows:
- Select Start | All Programs | FastReports.
After upgrading RAD Studio, you may get an error message regarding FastReport, this error is due to two versions of RAD studio are setting the environment variable PATH at the same time.
The workaround for this issue is:
- Open RAD Studio and go to Tools > Options > IDE > Environment Variables
- From the System Variables list, select Path.
- Click the Add System Override option.
- On the Variable Value space add the following paths, separating them with semicolons:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl;$(PATH)