Code Formatting Changes for XE
From RAD Studio XE
- You can now perform formatting of all source code files for a whole project by using the Project > Format Project Sources… menu command or by using the Format Project Source context menu command in the Project Manager.
- Functionality has been added to avoid accidental code formatting. A confirmation dialog is displayed before formatting, and an option has been added to enable/disable the code formatter in general. By default, the code formatter is enabled and the confirmation dialog is displayed. These options can be changed in the Profiles and Status page of the Formatter options.
- New Align block of options are added to the Formatter options for the code formatter for both Delphi and C++. You can manage alignment of assignments, initializations, end-of-line comments, and so on.
- The standalone code formatter Formatter.exe can run from the command line. You can execute source code file formatting with different parameters, log formatting results, format Delphi or C++ sources separately, load your own formatter options profile, format directories recursively, and so on.
- In the code formatter, it is now possible to create profiles with user-defined sets of formatting options.